Saturday, June 5, 2010

Sunburn-Owl City



LYRICS
So there we were, back home, from somewhere inside my head. Well bravely I fought off monsters beneath her bed. Pillars of post-war books supported my frame of mind, while she memorized the pages that I tried to not hide behind. She took my hand in hers and whispered her love for me, the lantern died that night but we didnt need to see, implying that shes the bees knees and I am the cats meow. Its funny how she recalls when I cant remember now.

But when her smile came back and I didnt feel half as horrible, she gave me a heart attack, just because she looked so adorable. We both put our sunblock on, laid on the beach and vowed that wed live and wed learn. Yeah, But she got a tan and I got a sunburn

I got a sunburn

So there we were out there, unaware of where wed been, we kicked off our flip-flops and swung from the rooftops again. Its awkward but ill confess shes all I can think about. And its funny how I recall when she cant remember now.

But when her smile came back and I didnt feel half as horrible, she gave me a heart attack, just because she looked so adorable. We both put our sunblock on, laid on the beach and vowed that wed live and wed learn. Yeah, But she got a tan and I got a sunburn

Oh afterglow, look out below! Wed left a trail of dust behind. As we parted ways, she held my gaze, and left and imprint on my mind. I tried not to cry as we said goodbye, and hung the clouds above my town. But I shed a tear when she disappeared, cause now Im a stranger on the ground.

(But when her smile came back and I didnt feel half as horrible, she gave me a heart attack) We both put our sunblock on, laid on the beach and vowed that wed live and wed learn. But she got a tan and I got a sunburn.

She got a tan and I got a sunburn.

Yeah, but she got a tan and I got a sunburn

If you know me, you've probabaly heard this song before. It is indeed the cutest song out there. ^.^

I thought it would be appropriate for this time of year. And yesterday, I'm proud to say, I have started my summer "tan." In other words, I got burnt. ::P Eventually it may fade to golden brown-ish, but for now I am "el tomato" (ok, it isn't t h a t red.) As I was sitting at the pool, I realized that almost e v e r y o n e except me and the people I was with were really, really tan! So are WE the only white-to-bright red people out there?!?! Is there something special they do to turn themselves that color?!?! Cuz even when the sunburn fades, I still have alittle pink in my "tan"! So what's up with that??

Annnnnnnnyways. Very good song. ^.^

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eeeeek!!! One of my very favorite songs EVER! My mom and the twins got sunburned on Saturday, but i didn't, so i could not run around following my sisters one by one and going, "SHE got a tan but i got a sunburn!!!"
A shame. It would have been very fun. :-(.
Great post, btw! Owl City will rule! XD

Kit-Kat said...

lolol. I can walk up to just about anyone outside of my family and say that. XD

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS SONG!
"look out below we left a trail of dust behind"

~EP

R. A. said...

Hate sunburn . . . love this song! :)